Things have been a bit quiet here for the last few months and that's mainly because all my time has been spent with a new arrival into my life - little baby Ella Aoibhín McPhillips. Ella burst into our lives on the 29th December at 6.35am and since then we've been in a haze of sleepless nights, never-ending feeds, tears (hers and mine!), dirty nappies, snuggles and of course lots and lots of newborn love! Life is certainly very different but we are slowly adapting and getting to know our new little family member better every day. Some of the things we've discovered that 7 week old Ella loves so far are:
- Getting her hair blow dried (yes she came out with all that hair!)
- Chewing my nose (used as a distraction when I'm changing her nappy)
- Going on outings about town in her stretchy sling - she's slowly making her way around Dublin's hipster cafes and will happily snooze through a noisy 6 nations match while her Dad eats chicken wings over her head!
- My fourteen year old dog Molly and even more her yellow bean bag that she likes to snooze on (preferably in front of an open fire)
- Snoring - sometimes she sounds like an old sailor that smokes a pack of woodbines daily.
- Getting a foot massage after bath time.
- Sleeping anywhere apart from her own bed (something we're working on!)
I'm looking forward to introducing you to Ella over the next few months and she'll hopefully be making an appearance at some of my classes when I eventually find the time and energy to get back on my mat! Until then if you're looking for us you'll most likely find us snuggled on the couch, Ella happily snoring away...